Trans-Canada please wait to load
  • imageAccommodations
  • imageAir Travel
  • imageAirport Parking
  • imageAttractions
  • imageAutomotive
  • imageBed & Breakfasts
  • imageBoat Rentals or Charters
  • imageBuses or Shuttles
  • imageCafe
  • imageCampgrounds
  • imageCasinos
  • imageCinema
  • imageCraft Beer - Winery
  • imageCurrency Exchange
  • imageEmergency
  • imageEntertainment
  • imageFarmers Market
  • imageFestivals
  • imageFire Hall
  • imageFirst Nation
  • imageFlea market
  • imageFree
  • imageGolf Course
  • imageGovernment
  • imageHistorical
  • imageHospital
  • imageHostel
  • imageHotels
  • imageKids Amusement
  • imageLimousines
  • imageLong Term Rental
  • imageMarijuana /CBD
  • imageMarinas
  • imageMuseum / Gallery
  • imagePark
  • imagePolice
  • imagePublic Transit
  • imageRental Car
  • imageRestaurant
  • imageRV Rental
  • imageShopping
  • imageShopping District
  • imageShopping mall
  • imageSki Resort
  • imageSpa
  • imageSports & Recreation
  • imageSports Team
  • imageTaxi
  • imageTheatre
  • imageTour
  • imageTourist Services
  • imageTours & Tour Guides
  • imageTrain
  • imageTransit Hub
  • imageTransportation
  • imageTravel
  • imageTravel Info/Office
  • imageVacation Rental
  • imageWilderness Lodge

Lillooet is a small town located on the Fraser River in the Interior region of British Columbia. It is located on Highway 99, the Sea to Sky Highway between Pemberton (100 km to the southwest) and Cache Creek (90 km to the east), and about 65 km north of Lytton (where the Thompson flows into the Fraser, and on the main Trans-Canada #1 Route) via highway 12. Lillooet, with approximately 2,300 residents is situated approximately 240 kilometers northeast of Vancouver.

Lillooet is surrounded by dramatic mountain in the Fraser Canyon region, where the Fraser River flows through the Coast Mountain Range. The surrounding area around Lillooet is known for its hiking trails, fishing along the Fraser River, and access to nearby provincial parks and wilderness areas.

Lillooet History

The Lillooet area has been inhabited by Indigenous peoples of the Stl’atl’imx (pronounced “Stah-letch-m”) Nation for thousands of years.

Fur traders for the Hudson’s Bay Company, began exploring the interior of British Columbia in the early 1800s and established Fort Alexandria in 1821.

. In 1858, gold was discovered along the Fraser River, leading to a rush of prospectors hoping to strike it rich. Lillooet became a key transportation and supply center for those traveling to the goldfields over the next decades. The town experienced rapid growth as prospectors flocked to the area in search of gold. Many historic wooden buildings from this era still stand today. The Old Suspension Bridge, which was once a crucial river crossing for miners and settlers, was constructed in 1913.

Despite the disruptions caused by the fur trade and gold rush, the Stl’atl’imx people have maintained their cultural traditions and continue to play an essential role in the community. Today, Lillooet is part of the traditional territory of the Stl’atl’imx Nation.

The Chinese Rock Pile is a historical site in Lillooet, representing the contributions of Chinese laborers who worked in the area during the Gold Rush. It serves as a reminder of the challenges faced by these early immigrants.

The construction of the Pacific Great Eastern Railway (later part of BC Rail) in the early 1900s connected Lillooet to other region and communities to the north and south.

Lillooet - Old Bridge at Lillooet - Thomson Okanagan - Kelly Tuohey
Lillooet - Old Bridge at Lillooet - Thomson Okanagan - Kelly Tuohey

Lillooet Attractions

Bridge of the 23 Camels

Learn about the unique historical event that gave the Bridge of the 23 Camels its name. The story involves 23 camels that were brought to Lillooet in the 1860s during the Gold Rush era.

Lillooet Golf Club

255 Park Drive, Lillooet, BC

Enjoy a round of golf at the Lillooet Golf Club, surrounded by scenic mountain views.

Chinese Rock Pile

A historical site recognizing the contributions of Chinese laborers who played a vital role in the development of Lillooet during the Gold Rush.

Cliff & Gorge Vineyards

18450 Texas Creek Rd, Lillooet, B.C. V0K 1V0

Enjoy wine tastings at the Cliff & Gorge winery. Take in the dramatic gorge trails, gorgeous vineyard views, and inviting picnic areas on the historic Texas Creek Ranch.

Duffey Lake Road Scenic Drive

Take a scenic drive on Duffey Lake Road, connecting Lillooet to Pemberton. The104 km (65 milies) route offers breathtaking mountain scenery and access to outdoor activities. The road has been paved in 1991 and is part of highway 99. Allow yourself at least 2 hours to drive Duffey Lake Road from Pemberton to Lillooet, BC. The highest part of the route is Cayoos pass at 1275 metres / 4183 feet.

NOTE: There are no gas stations on this road, and Cell phone coverage is unreliable

Fort Berens Estate Winery Ltd

1881 Highway 99 North, Lillooet, BC

Located a short drive from Lillooet, this winery offers tastings of local wines amid stunning mountain scenery.

Historic Suspension Bridge


The Historic Suspension Bridge in Lillooet dates back to 1913 and was a crucial crossing during the Gold Rush era. This bridge replaced a winch ferry powered by the river current, which was used since 1860. It offers a glimpse into the town’s historical significance.

Lillooet Brewing Company

104 Main Street, PO Box 108, Lillooet, B.C. V0K 1V0

Lillooet’s first and only craft brewery with a wide range of beer styles made with BC grown and organic ingredients in our family-friendly tasting room. They serve pizza, charcuterie, snacks, and offer local cider, wine and alcoholic-free drinks. The patio is dog-friendly and provides scenic views of the Fraser Canyon and Fountain Ridge.

Lillooet Cattle Trail

The Lillooet Cattle Trail is a historic trail used by early ranchers and cattlemen. It provides opportunities for hiking and exploring the rugged landscapes around Lillooet.

Lillooet Farmer’s Market

930 Main St, Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0

Depending on the time of year, you might have the chance to visit the Lillooet Farmer’s Market to explore local produce, crafts, and artisan goods.

Lilloett-Fraser River and scenery from Old Bridge-Thomson Okanagan-Kelly Tuohey
Lilloett-Fraser River and scenery from Old Bridge-Thomson Okanagan-Kelly Tuohey

Lillooet Museum & Visitor Centre

790 Main Street, Lillooet, BC

The museum and visitor center may provide additional information about the town’s history, artifacts, and local attractions. The Lillooet Museum is across from the “Mile ‘0’” cairn marking the beginning point of the Old Cariboo Road to Alexandria in the Cariboo region

Lillooet War Memorial

Pay your respects at the Lillooet War Memorial, honoring those who served in various conflicts.

Marble Canyon Provincial Park

Highway 99, Pavilion, B.C. V0K 2H0

Marble Canyon Park is a small, quiet campground, set between two small lakes Turquoise and Crown. This park is popular with fishermen and birders.

Miyazaki Heritage House

The Miyazaki Heritage House is a historic building that provides insights into the town’s cultural heritage and history.

Seton Lake

Just southwest of Lillooet, on Highway 99

Seton Lake is a scenic lake near Lillooet, behind an an 18-metre concrete dam used to generate hydro electric power, offering opportunities for photography, picnicking, and enjoying the natural beauty of the area. There is a beach, a scenic viewpoint and several picnic areas.

Seton Portage

Take an hour and a half drive west of Lillooet

A nearby community, Seton Portage, offers additional opportunities for exploring the natural beauty of the area. The long 70 km drive takes you past Carpenter Lake to the portage between Seton Lake and Anderson Lake.

St. Bartholomew’s Anglican Church

641 Main Street, Lillooet, BC

Another historic church in Lillooet, St. Bartholomew’s Anglican Church, provides architectural and historical interest.

St. Mary the Virgin Anglican Church

(604) 256-7037flects

This historic church, built in 1878, after the completion of the Douglas Trail between Harrison Lake and Lillooet in the architectural styles of the time and is part of Lillooet’s cultural and religious heritage.

The Mile “0” Cairn


The Mile ‘0’ Cairn was erected in 1939, marking Mile ‘0’ of the old Cariboo Road. From this point in the early stage coach days, all road houses and stopping places from here to Barkerville were known by their mileage from Lillooet – 70 Mile, 100 Mile, and so on. In 1858, Governor James Douglas ordered the construction of a wagon road from Fort Douglas on Harrison Lake to Lillooet

Lillooet, British Columbia Area Map